- Connecting the doubts over Hancock’s ‘miracle app’ 26 April 2020 - Feature in the Sunday Telegraph, 25 April 2020. A sceptical piece explaining why the technology would fail to meet expectations. The project was scaled back in June. Read more.
- In the media: After behaviourism 8 January 2020 - As one of ten technology predictions for the 2020s at Sky News, Think of X research director Andrew Orlowski points out the flaws of behaviourism as a guiding principle for psychology and politics: The public keeps delivering up shocks to our experts, who now seem to live in a perpetual state of surprise. And for […]
- Google has evolved from a utopian dream that wanted ‘to do no evil’ to a Goliath with no conscience 24 December 2019 - Column in The Sunday Telegraph. Contains personal observations from 2003 when Google discovered money – and how Utopianism evolved into indiscriminate data collection.
- Overblown claims, PR stunts and ‘dumb’ AI. What’s going wrong at Musk’s research lab? 26 October 2019 - First published in the Sunday Telegraph, 26 October 2019 [premium]
- The inglorious demise of Joi Ito – Jeffrey Epstein’s tech networker who seduced Silicon Valley 15 September 2019
First published in the Sunday Telegraph, 15 September 2019 [premium]